Free Online Course: Integrated Healthcare for Children with Developmental Disabilities
Over this 3 week course, you will explore how to deliver appropriate, high-quality healthcare for children with development disabilities.
By the end of the course you will able to:
- Describe developmental disability and the impact of impairment on children and their families
- Explain how early intervention can improve long-term outcomes for children with developmental disabilities
- Identify the specialist and general healthcare needs of children with developmental disabilities
- Investigate the barriers and solutions to improve a child’s access to healthcare services
- Explore the importance of working in equal partnership with children and their families
- Reflect on the broader needs and fundamental rights of children with developmental disabilities
- Discuss how to collaborate with other service providers
Join the conversation on social media: Use the hashtag #FLhealthchilddisability to join social media conversations from across the globe.
Register for the course here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/children-with-developmental-disabilities