C-RAIND's Research Framework
Faculty groups across MSU have developed research themes aligned with university expertise and internationally-established research priorities.
The five research areas below represent critical research that is needed at the state, national and global levels in the areas of autism, intellectual and other neurodevelopmental disabilities.
The interplay of these five themes are illustrated in the diagram below:
1. Lifespan Developmental Issues
2. Measurement, Assessment and Diagnostic Issues
3. Intervention and Implementation Science
4. Etiology and Prevention Science
5. Family, Cultural and Societal Issues
C-RAIND is a cross-college, multi-disciplinary coalition of MSU scholars and researchers who use research, training, outreach and other service to serve the needs of the neurodevelopmental disability community.
MSU colleges with faculty actively contributing to this effort include:
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Arts & Letters
- Communication Arts & Sciences
- Human Medicine
- Natural Science
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Outreach & Engagement
- Social Science
Two co-directors guide the Center, Michael Leahy, University Distinguished Professor, Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology, and Special Education (CEPSE) and Director of the Office of Rehabilitation and Disability Studies; and Nigel Paneth, M.D., M.P.H., University Distinguished Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Pediatrics. They are supported by the Office of the Provost, Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies and the College of Education and College of Human Medicine.
- Thus far, 7 micro and 13 seed grants have been awarded
- The seminar series has hosted brown bags by accomplished MSU faculty and external distinguished speakers such as:
- Catherine Lord, Weill Cornell Medical College & Columbia University
- David Mandell, University of Pennsylvania
- Paul Shattuck, Drexel University
- Kevin Pelphrey, The George Washington University
- Leonard Abbeduto, University of California - Davis